What is methamphetamine?
Methamphetamine is a powerful stimulant that quickly creates a state of euphoria similar to that provided by cocaine. However, the effects of methamphetamine are much longer, as they can last up to 12 hours depending on how they are consumed. Methamphetamine is a powder that can be swallow, sniff (inhale through the nose), smoke or inject. It can also be in the form of crystals, which are usually smoke. Crystal methamphetamine is often refer too as “crystal meth” or “tina”. It is also know as “speed” or “meth” (the latter name is also apply to methadone, there is a possibility of confusion).
Consumption of methamphetamine in large amounts or for a long time may:
- Damage areas of the brain that control thought and movement. This can cause memory loss, difficulty thinking, depression, tremors, and coordination problems.
- Cause visual and auditory hallucinations and tingling (which may suggest that one’s body is filled with bustling insects) and feel like everyone’s backpacking experiences that can last for months or even years after you stop using methamphetamine.
- Cut the appetite. Some people are so thin and weak that their body is struggling to fight infections.
- Damage teeth and gums (a condition called “meth mouth”).
- Lead people to leave their friends, family and activities that gave them pleasure.
There are no reviews yet.